Whole Roasted Cauliflower With Butter Sauce
Roasting cauliflower brings out its nuttiness flavor and caramelizes the edges. This is such an easy way to prepare it, I toss it with garlic, lemon juice and olive oil and top it with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and some lemon zest when it comes out of the oven.
This healthy recipe is making 5 servings, Serving Size: 1 cup, each serving has : SP: 2, Points +: 2, Calories: 88, Total Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: g, Cholesterol: 1mg, Sodium: 58mg, Carbohydrates: 8g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 0g, Protein: 3g
Roast cauliflower really is fantastic, which this recipe proves; add cumin, coriander and almonds and you’ll be blow away by the incredible flavour. If you’ve only been eating cauliflower raw, you haven’t seen anything yet. Try these 18 easy ways to roast cauliflower for dinner tonight.
Amount Per Serving:
Points +: 2
Total Fat: 6g
Saturated Fat: g
1 head of cauliflower
2 bay leaves
4 cups (1l) vegetable or chicken stock, more or less, depending on the size of the cauliflower
1/3 cup (70)g melted butter
Fresh cracked pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200°C). Trim the bottom of the cauliflower and remove all the leaves and the stem, but without breaking apart. Give it a quick rinse and pat dry.
2. Place the whole cauliflower in a pot and cover with stock, add fresh thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and simmer for 12 minutes.
You May Like Black Magic Cake (Best Chocolate Cake Ever!)
3. Drain and transfer the cauliflower head in a cast iron skillet or any oven proof pan. Ladle a little of the cooking stock over the cauliflower then drizzle with melted butter on top. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and pepper.
4. Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your cauliflower, until golden. Baste with cooking juice from time to time. Check with a knife, if it slides in easily, then it’s cooked. You can broil for an extra 2 minutes if you want to give it a bit more color, but keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
You May Like Banana Cake with Buttercream Frosting
5. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh thyme. Slice, and serve with an extra drizzle of the buttery cooking juices.
👇👇😍😍 Join our group we share always amazing 😍😍👇👇