An instant family favorite! Hands down the best Enchilada ever. This White Chicken Enchiladas Recipe will be requested in your home very soon!
- 8 soft taco size flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside. Mix the chicken together with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Distribute the chicken and cheese mixture evenly among the tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down in the prepared pan. In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, whisking until smooth. Continue cooking over medium heat until sauce is thick and bubbly. Stir in the sour cream and diced green chiles.
- Pour the sauce in an even layer over the enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Sprinkle with cilantro just before serving.
Recipe and Photo: Dear Lissy