Weight Watchers Parmesan Meatloaf
Weight Watchers Parmesan Meatloaf.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara pasta sauce (homemade here, minus the meat)
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- minced parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a loaf pan (I used a regular glass loaf dish as in the photo above) with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey and beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Try not over handle the mixture otherwise it will get tough. Place the mixture in the greased loaf pan and form into a loaf.
- Top the meatloaf with pasta sauce.
- Place filled loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and sprinkle the top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Place the meatloaf back in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving/slicing.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.