- 2 large baking potatoes, (Russet potatoes) 8 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s seasoning salt, see shopping tip
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Scrub the potatoes and cut lengthwise into 4 equal slices; cut each slice into thirds or fourths. As the potatoes are cut, place them in a dish of ice water and let soak for about 10 minutes
- After soaking potatoes, drain off water, remove potatoes and pat dry with paper towels. Return the dried potatoes to bowl, sprinkle with seasoning salt and pepper and drizzle with oil; evenly distribute the oil and seasoning by tossing with your hands. Mix well.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Spray top of potatoes with a little more cooking spray. Bake until golden brown and tender; approximately 35-40 minutes, turning frequently. If you like crispy fries, bake an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional seasoning and pepper, if desired, and serve.
- Makes 4 servings (each serving, about 1 cup)
Read more at SkinnyTaste