This Oven Ribeye recipe gives a very tender, moist, juicy, and flavor-filled steak. It is so good, that I would even dare to say that it may even rival a grilled ribeye steak.
2 hours, 20 minutes
3 hours, 5 minutes
- 3 rib eye steaks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt for initial seasoning of steaks, 1/2 tablespoon for spice mix, plus more for mushrooms, plus 1 teaspoon for cream sauce
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, plus more for mushrooms, plus 1 teaspoon for cream sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Whole mushrooms, as many as you'd like to serve
- Olive oil, for drizzling on mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Take the steaks out a couple of hours before cooking and sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of kosher salt on them, and wrap them in parchment paper. Place them in the fridge for about 2 hours. This will pull excess moisture from the meat.
- Take the steaks out of the fridge and remove paper. Pat dry. Mix all dry spices and 1/2 tablespoon salt together. Sprinkle lightly on each side of steaks (use only about half of dry mixture in total here). Let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- While you are waiting, take some whole mushrooms, sprinkle with olive oil and place in a toaster oven for those 20 minutes. On minute 10, season with salt and pepper, just a light sprinkle.
- Heat your oven to 375°F and meanwhile, heat up your cast iron skillet on the stovetop, on medium-high heat. Sprinkle remaining dry seasonings on steaks evenly. Sear each side of the steaks in the skillet for 2 minutes per side. Place skillet in the oven. Let cook in oven for 2 minutes, then turn oven off. Let steaks cook another 6 to 8 minutes.
- Take steaks out and let rest. While they are resting, take the skillet you seared the steaks in and place it over the stovetop on medium heat. Add heavy cream, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and mozzarella cheese. Stir. When all incorporated, add butter and turn heat off. Mix until butter has melted.
- Plate steak and place mushrooms on top, then top with cream sauce. Serve with veggies.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY