Cooking meatloaf in small mini loaves makes quick work of this comforting dinner and you don’t have to heat up the house as the weather warms up outside!
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1 1/2 pounds meatloaf mix (ground beef, pork and/or veal)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Mix the breadcrumbs, milk, parsley, egg, Worcestershire sauce, onion, chili powder and garlic in a large bowl. Add the meat, season with salt and pepper and mix with your hands until combined. Shape into six 3-to-4-inch oval loaves.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the loaves and brown about 3 minutes per side.
- Whisk the ketchup, sugar and vinegar in a bowl and brush a few tablespoonfuls over the meat. Add 1/2 cup water to the skillet, cover and simmer over low heat until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the loaves to a plate. Add the remaining ketchup mixture to the skillet and cook over high heat, stirring, until thick, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve 4 meatloaves with the hot glaze reserving 2 for quesadillas. (your family will never know they’re eating leftovers)
Recipe adapted from Foodnetwork.com