Please PIN THIS RECIPE TO any Relevant boards on your Pinterest (Dinner, Lunch, etc…) To SAVE it for later…
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (drained or rinsed!)
- ½ cup onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup canned jalapeno slices, chopped
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped or 1 (15 ounce) can diced canned tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kernel corn (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (1¼ ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 8 corn tortillas
- ¾ cup nonfat sour cream
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- ⅓ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste (or less (or more)
- Brown ground beef and chopped onions in large skillet; brown 10 to 12 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring constantly. Drain well and rinse with warm water to remove all fat; return beef/onions to skillet.
- Add corn, black beans, tomatoes, chilies/jalapenos and taco seasoning mix; mix well. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile spray 12×8-inch (2-quart) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut each tortilla in half; place 8 halves in bottom of sprayed baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- Spoon half of beef mixture evenly over tortillas. Spoon sour cream over beef mixture; spread evenly. Top with remaining 8 tortilla halves and remaining beef mixture. (Cover tightly with foil & Freeze for later OR cook as directed below…).
- (Thaw overnight if frozen) Heat oven to 350ºF. Bake at 350ºF for 25 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with fresh chopped lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, black olives, etc… /.
Serving size: 6 Calories: 355 Fat: 5.9 Saturated fat: 2.2 Carbohydrates: 52.3 Sugar: 8.2 Fiber: 10.4 Protein: 26.7.