- 4 tbs butter
- 2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 cups fresh or frozen vegetables (your choice)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups rich chicken stock
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the butter in chunks and place in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Place in oven to melt butter; remove when butter is melted.
- In a large bowl, mix the milk and baking mix; set aside.
- Dissolve the stock cubes in the liquid chicken stock. Place the soup in a bowl and gradually mix in the stock mixture to keep the mixture smooth. Set aside.
- Assemble casserole as follows and DO NOT MIX OR STIR INGREDIENTS:
- Distribute shredded chicken over melted butter evenly
- Distribute veggies over the chicken evenly
- Distribute the onion over the veggies evenly
- Distribute the cheese over the onion evenly
- Pour baking mix batter over the top evenly
- Pour the soup/stock mixture over the top evenly
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Source : allrecipes.com