Whether you’re a fan of Colonel Sander’s Kentucky Fried Chicken or not, you have to admit his secret coleslaw recipe is one of the best out there. It has a crisp crunchy texture that is most refreshing in its taste.
- 8 cups finely chopped cabbage (about 1 head)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot (about 1 medium carrot)
- 2 tablespoon minced onions
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- First you start off with some cabbage that has been put through your food processor. You want very, very little pieces (the size of rice), some shredded carrot and chopped onion.
- Combine the cabbage, onion, and carrot together.
- Now pour your dressing over the cabbage mixture.
- Combine all ingredients, and let sit for a few hours in the refrigerator. I actually think it tastes better right after it’s made because the cabbage has more crunch to it.