I just love this cake recipe. I make it for Easter and Mother’s Day. My family loves it as well. It is simple, easy and your family and friends will love it also.
- 2 box Duncan Hines yellow cake mixes
- 6 eggs
- water for mixing cake mixes, go by directions on boxes
- use melted butter for cake mixes instead of oil, for amount go by directions on the box
- 1 can(s) crushed pineapple, 20 oz., drained
- 3 bananas, cut and smashed
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 c chopped pecans
- 1 dash(es) salt
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 pkg cream cheese softened 8 oz.
- 1 pkg confectioners’ sugar, 16 oz.
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 and grease a large square cake pan (like 12×18). If you do not have a 12×18 pan, a 9×13 will work. Just cut all the ingredients in half.
- 2. First, mix cake mixes according to directions on the boxes except using melted butter in place of oil. Also, add vanilla extract.
- 3. Next add pineapple, mashed bananas, cinnamon, salt, and pecans.
- 4. Mix all this together well.
- 5. Pour into pan and cook for 25 to 30 min or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Let cool and ice with cream cheese frosting.
- 6. For the frosting, add cream cheese to the mixing bowl. Add butter, confectioners sugar, and vanilla. Mix well.
- 7. Add milk, a little a the time, to get the consistency you want it to be.
- 8. Then frost cake after it cools and enjoys.