By Low Carb Layla: Fried cabbage is basic staple item in the low carb world. Surprisingly I’ve never tried it until I made it tonight. It was so good!
- 1 medium head green cabbage, chopped loosely
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/4 large onion or 1/2 small to medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- from Low Carb Layla – Low Carb Recipes
- In a large pan cook the chopped bacon over medium to medium-high heat. Once the fat renders off and there’s plenty of bacon grease in the pan, add the chopped onion. Right when the bacon has just started to crisp, add the chopped cabbage, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce (optional but I like the tiny bit of smokey tang that it gives some foods). Stir occasionally until cabbage is softened. I like some pieces to get a little pan browned so I don’t stir very often. Taste before serving as you may need to add more salt and pepper depending on your preference.
- Serving Size: 6 (if using as a side dish)