Easy Chicken Parmesan Casserole
It is so much simpler to make this Easy Chicken Parmesan Casserole instead of traditional chicken parm, but everyone will still be impressed when you pull this gorgeous casserole out of the oven.
- 5 Oz. Pkg. of garlic croutons.
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil.
- 2 Cloves garlic,[minced].
- 1/2 Tsp. dried oregano.
- Salt and pepper,[a light sprinkling].
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders,[or breasts cut into strips].
- 5-6 Fresh basil leaves,[chiffonade].
- 2 C. of tomato sauce,[jarred or your favorite recipe].
- 2 C. shredded mozzarella.
- 1 C. grated Parmesan cheese.
- PREP OVEN AND CROUTONS:
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Place garlic croutons in a plastic bag and beat with a meat hammer or heavy object until they’ve been crushed into smaller pieces. Do not beat these babies into breadcrumbs. But do break down any large, chunky pieces into smaller bits. »Set aside ».
- TOSS CHICKEN WITH OIL AND SPICES:
- In a 9*13-inch glass baking dish, drizzle the olive oil. Add the chicken tenders, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper, and stir well to coat the chicken pieces with the oil and spices. Spread the fresh basil on top of the chicken.
- ADD SAUCE AND PRE-BAKE:
- Pour the tomato sauce on top of the chicken, distributing evenly.Slide into a preheated 350ºF. oven for 30 mins. Remove. Do not turn off the oven!
- ADD LAYERS OF CHEESE, CROUTONS AND CHEESE
- Spread half of the mozzarella and Parmesan evenly over the sauce. Next, sprinkle all of the crushed croutons onto the sauce. Finish with a sprinkling of the remainder of the two kinds of cheese.
- After pre-baking, layer on half of the cheese…
- Now add the crushed croutons…
- Finally, add the rest of the cheese…
- FINAL BAKE: Return the pan to your 350ºF. oven for another 25-30 mins. The casserole is done when all of the cheese is well melted. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting into squares or spooning onto plates.