This Baked Potato Casserole has creamy potatoes, cheddar cheese and turkey bacon blended together and baked to perfection. This side dish is sure to put a smile on everyone’s face
This casserole can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated. Cover with foil and bake at 350F for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated. Uncover; top with cheese, bacon and green onions; bake for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 8 medium potatoes (about 2 12 to 3 lb. total), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk, NESTLES CARNATION
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded 2% cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- PLACE potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Grease a 2- to 3-quart casserole dish.
- RETURN potatoes to saucepan; add evaporated milk, sour cream, salt and pepper. Beat with hand-held mixer until smooth. Stir in 1 cup cheese and half of bacon. Spoon mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese, remaining bacon and green onions. Bake for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Verybestbaking.com