These Apple Pie Enchiladas were a huge hit, we each only ate half of an enchilada (with some vanilla ice cream of course!) so there was a ton of leftovers. Give them a try!
- 4 cups thinly sliced apples (peeled and sliced)
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 cups water
- 4 oz. fat free cream cheese
- 6 taco sized flour tortillas
- 2 T. butter (melted)
- Cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling on top
- In a large bowl mix apples and lemon juice and set aside. In a large stock pot or dutch oven combine 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Add water and whisk together. Cook over medium- high heat until thickened (about 2 minutes of boiling). Melt in cream cheese. Add apples and cover. Simmer over medium heat until apples are tender. Pour 1/6 of mixture into a tortilla and roll. Continue with each of the tortillas placing each one in a 9x13 pan. Brush tops of enchiladas with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and tortillas are slightly crispy. Serve with vanilla ice cream.